- This event has passed.
Veteran Snowshoe Trek for Women
April 8 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm$5
Distance: 3 miles
Description: We’re extending our gratitude to Reno area female veterans and taking them out to enjoy a leisurely snowshoe trek through an open meadow, lodgepole pine forests and to a vista that’s worth every step. Enjoy Tahoe’s native residents like the cutest little Chickadees birds curiously flying by or nesting in a birch tree while eating lunch on the very ridge named after these wonderful birds.
*This hike is for female veterans only.
What to Bring (The Essentials)
- Insulating Clothes – We suggest a wicking layer to go against your skin.
- Warm fleece layer
- Wind breaker/ warm jacket
- Comfortable, waterproof winter boots
- Snowshoes- let us know if you do not have snowshoes and we can either provide them or help you find a place to rent them.
- Trekking poles- if desired
- Water (At least one liter per person)
- Snacks (trail-mix and Cliff Bars are always a good choice)
- Lip balm
- Any First Aid items that is required for your well-being (personal medications, epi-pens). Please be sure to communicate any medical issues in a private conversation with the guides.
Please, no dogs on this hike.