- Where are water sources on the trail?
- How do I minimize trail impacts?
- What should I do when I encounter other users?
- What is the difficulty of each segment?
- Where can I park my horse trailer?
- Do not hitch, tether, or hobble a horse or other saddle pack animal within 200 feet of a water source or with 100 feet of a campsite.
- In Desolation Wilderness (Echo Lake to Barker Pass) livestock is limited to two per person, or 12 livestock in one group.
- Horses and stock are allowed on all sections of the trail EXCEPT the Tahoe Meadows Interpretive Trail and a “hiker only” section at the Mt. Rose Trailhead (follow the dirt road route west to Relay Ridge for 2.7 miles).